Well, looks like I am going to pin on my first....no make that my 5th number in 2008. I forgot that I was in Belgie in January.
Open/A's are at 7-ish. Za Plan has just started and I've got a collective of like 2hours of intervals in me. All base. June is my December. It's going to be awesome, sports fans. I know EXACTLY how I am going to feel:
- Gun will go off
- I will pin it and try to take hole shot
- Heart rate will jump to 183...maybe 184 if I am lucky
- I'll have no trouble with the heart/lungs. I'll keep that puppy pinned at 175 but....
- ...by 15 minutes in my legs will be so loaded It will be unlikely I can push out 250w
- I'm going to be smiling the whole time and show boating
- The race will end. The onslaught of 'cross gut' will happen as soon as I stop a few meters after the finish line and dredge up the beautiful memories of cross season. You KNOW what I'm talking about. That bowel turmoil after a 'cross race that you get even when you are in peak form that feels like you will smash your chamois with the brown stuff if you even slightly move your body a millimeter in the wrong way