The Boulder Cycle Sport Ambassadors are back! We're having a blast this season evangelizing, teaching, racing and being true...ambassadors...to the sport we love. Our sport is growing and it's incredible to see this viral passion explode. So many juniors and women in particular flooding in to the game, all having fun, challenging themselves and coming back for more week after week.
This year the roster has lost one ride but gained another. Our great friend and teammate, Russ Stevenson, has gone back to Seattle with his growing family to tackle some new opportunities. Can't wait to see him back i January for Nats! Coming in to the squad is our old friend (and teammate actually!) Chris Case, VeloNews editor and all around fast guy.
Watch and read below to learn more about our 2013/14 program, goals and the amazing sponsors that love this sport as much as we do.
YOGAGLO BECOMES TITLE SPONSOR OF THE BOULDER CYCLE SPORT CYCLOCROSS AMBASSADORS TEAM
Team celebrates its 3rd anniversary with new members, sponsors and focus on 2014 Cyclocross Nationals in Boulder
BOULDER, CO – October 21, 2013 –YogaGlo, the largest provider of online yoga classes, has become the title sponsor of the Boulder Cycle Sport Cyclocross Ambassadors Team. The company, based in Santa Monica, California has recently launched a “Yoga For Cyclists” section on its highly popular website and will work closely with the team to help all riders learn about yoga’s benefits for cycling performance. YogaGlo is a subscription-based website that provides its members with hundreds of on-demand yoga classes taught by the world’s best instructors. The “Yoga For Cyclists” center focuses on key areas of the rider’s body and will assist with warm-up, on-the-bike performance and power output, as well as total body recovery.
“Cyclocross is such a demanding sport and can really take a toll on the body. And, as I have gotten older I’ve come to realize it’s extremely important to take care of yourself off the bike.” said Brandon Dwight, owner, Boulder Cycle Sport and 3-time U.S. National Cyclocross Champion. “I’ve been using YogaGlo for several months now and it’s so convenient to have the classes ready to go when and where you need them.”
The Ambassador Team will continue it’s longstanding relationships with Ridley, Sram, Zipp, Clement and Bell. The team will be competing aboard the all-new 2014 Ridley X-Night bikes outfitted with Sram Red Hydro 22 drivetrains and hydraulic disc brakes, Zipp wheels and Clement tires.
The Boulder Cycle Sport Ambassadors team has amassed significant results-oriented statistics since the team’s formation in 2010 including 7 National, 2 Master’s World and 2 Colorado State Championships. However, the BCSCX Ambassadors are most proud of their participation in the sport’s growth, which include leading junior coaching sessions, free skills clinics, volunteer trail/ park projects, articles and instructional videos, and community fundraisers.
The Ambassador team will be leading more than 100 Boulder Cycle Sport cyclocross club team members, providing skills instruction, racing guidance and strategy, body and equipment preparation advice and more.
“This is a special year for Boulder and for the cyclocross community here in our town,” said team member Pete Webber. “We’ve seen the sport grow dramatically here in Boulder on all levels, from juniors to masters to professionals. The fun has been incredibly contagious. Now, we are honored to host the 2014 National Cyclocross Championships and demonstrate our region’s passion for our sport.”
Departing the BCSCX Ambassador’s squad is 2013 National and Master’s World Champion Russ Stevenson. Russ will be returning to his family’s native Washington state, where he’ll continue his relationship with Ridley and Clement tires.
The Boulder Cycle Sport Ambassadors Team is also proud to announce its association with a syndicate of passionate sponsors, equally as committed to the sport’s growth as the Ambassadors themselves.
• YogaGlo: the world’s premiere source for online yoga classes.
• SRAM – Official drivetrain and brake supplier. The team will utilize the new Red 22 11-speed group with hydraulic disc brakes.
• Ridley Bicycles – Official supplier of the teams all new and ultra light 2014 X-Night cyclocross frame and fork.
• Clement Cycling – Official supplier of tubular and clincher tires such as the PDX and MXP
• Zipp– Official supplier of wheels, handlebars, stems and seat posts.
• Bell Sports – Official helmet supplier. The team will utilize the lightweight Bell Gage helmet
Race Clothing Sponsors
• Castelli Cycling – Official supplier of the BCS team’s race day apparel ranging from skinsuits, cold-weather gloves, arm and leg warmers, thermal and wind resistant jackets.
Casual Clothing Sponsors
• Anthem Branding – Official supplier of the team’s custom off-the-bike team apparel including jackets, sweatshirts and headgear.
• Feedback Sports – Complete line of work stands and storage racks.
The 2013/14 Ambassadors include:
• Brandon Dwight – Owner of Boulder Cycle Sport, 17 years of pro-level racing; 2-time National Cyclocross Champion – @bldrcyclesport
• Pete Webber – 20 year veteran of professional mountain biking and cyclocross racing; National Cyclocross and MTB Marathon Champion, Master’s World Champion – @webber_pete
• Kristin Weber – 10 year veteran of mountain bike and cyclocross, cross instructor, Master’s Worlds Silver medalist, LunaChix womens MTB Ambassador- @sugardesigninc
• Greg Keller – Elite Masters racer with 16 years of cyclocross racing experience, junior cycling coach and nearly a decade of ‘cross-specific skills instruction – @mudandcowbells
• Chris Case – 7-year veteran of elite road, mountain and cyclocross racing. Silver medalist, Master’s National and World Championships, Colorado Cross Cup champion, managing editor of Velo magazine – @leicacase
Starting in early September and running through October, The BCS Ambassadors will provide free weekly clinics from 5:30 – 7PM, every Wednesday open to any age group in addition to early, pre-work sessions. The skills-sessions will progress over the course of the season to teach core skills such as mounting, dismounting, race-day preparations and racing tactics. For more information on the Ambassadors Team, the skills clinics and other helpful cyclocross resources, visit www.bouldercyclesport.com. Any questions or inquiries on the team can be directed to Brandon@bouldercyclesport.com