Fun fun fun today. 20 degrees max and windy as a beeatch...but I had to get out. Too much rollers and Rally Sport indoor madness. Rolled two hours through the frozen wilderness. The bike paths were great and I hooked up a quite a bunch. Lots of solid intervals through deep snow. The paths were like tunnels of trees and snow. Perfect.
It's a runner's course tomorrow folks, I predict my main baseball hat wearin' giant Erwin V is going to take the BK. Maybe I should exhale the binger as Eddy Nijs has torn the flesh off of every linving soul who's lined up this year against him, but methinks Erwin is ramping up to his usual late year form ramp up.
Vee shall zee....
So he lines up again today in Surhuisterveen . WTF. He said at St. Nik he'd line up today. Didn't someone get the memo that a suspected doper is lining up again today and would go on to take yet another top 10 (today placing one ahead of our boy Page).
Whatever. I promised I would not posture or opnionate on this blog, but WTF.
Oh my, oh my. The new Rock Lobster just got dropped off by Mr. UPS man. 3.3 pounds of Easton Ultralight. Not quite as light as the Scandium which was 3.14 lbs, but will end up about the same weight when built. As always, the dimensions are SPOT ON. Thanks Paul! It's great when one of the world's best frame builders can whip out your personal measurements and nail each frame identically each time. I'm still amazed by this process. Rad.
I went for the photo-negative colors of the black bike. I'm a geek, but it'll look hot. Essentially I'm going with the same set up for this bike with the following changes:
- Alpha Q CX 2 versus Alpha Q CX.
- FSA Carbon cranks and carbon guards versus Dura Ace and Wetzikon guards. Still running 42t x 12/25.
- Wheels...dunno at this time. Probably going to put the FSA 488's on this white bike and build a set of tubular Mavic Reflex Tubular CD's (ceramic if I can get them) with Dura Ace hubs. At a minimum, I want two sets of wheels with the identical tubular tires on them.
OK, two things:
1) Why the _UCK was Maxime Lefèbvre racing today? He nailed a 2nd place at St. Nik today behind Eddy Nijs. Apparently strung it out and Ree-chard couldn't bring him back. Nijs had to put the bullet in him personally. WTF?!?!?! I just don't get the rules. One day "he's gone, that's it Maxime is getting the boot." The next, he's lining up and pulling podiums out of his ass. If he missed the control, how is he getting start fees (I am assuming) and allowed to line up. Humped, humped, humped.
2) OK, Where' s Trebon? Someone tell me please? Ry's blog is not updated and last I read starting fees were suspect. The day before, the race officials humped him from his start position/call up. I guess he was sick today. Beat. I can't wait to see him in his new Verge kit, representing the stars and stripes. Just get well Ryan and start laying the wood on these suckas. Just beat Maxime at Worlds.
(Photo courtesy of Cyclo-cross.info)