Voila. Za Ahrens Revolver 29'er. She is finished. Well, almost. I have a few parts to swap out while I try stem lengths etc. Mike D at BCS built 'er up for me in like 2 hours. He's PRO. Thanks Mike! I'll have extensive reports on the ride soon once she is completely dialed but the net is that it feels GREAT. Super balanced to say the least and spot on in terms of sizing. The pictures below will give you an idea of the parts selection, but have a look at the frame details in particular. All the bits you see like the yokes are all CAD designed by my bro Mike Ahrens who then has them CNC'd out of a block of aluminum, and welded together with Easton 7K series (in my case...Scandium is an option).
Some notes on the bike build:
- The 08 XTR is as you expect: sick.
- Reba fork: sick. Out of box feel is so spot on, I am not quite sure how I would modify it to get a better feel.
- I ordered a Chris King tall base plate to ensure enough clearance between the frame's downtube and the top caps of the Reba. Perfect.
- I have a SRAM front der. I ordered the wrong XTR one. D'oh!
- Thanks Tim Faia and Bontrager for the tubeless tires!!
- I swapped out the XTR rotors for Hayes as the Mavic wheels are a 6 bolt pattern, and not the XTR lock ring design.
- Ritchey WCS post, stem and bars will be swapped.
- You love the white grips and seat you sluts.